NEC (Network Effects Controller)
The NEC is a multi-purpose controller with the following hardware:
- LCD display and rotary push-button knob for easy user interface
- SD card slot to hold user generated mapped lighting data and audio files
- Network port to send lighting data to NDBs and synchronize with other NECs. (IP Network Based System)
- Single DMX port (2 RJ45 jacks) for sending DMX lighting data or receiving DMX commands.
- Audio WAV file player and output jack
- 2 opto-isolated inputs (on RJ45 jacks) for triggering effects via DMX ports
- Time of day clock to turn on/off automatically
- Supports 8000 lights spread across up to 16 NDBs. Slave mode increases the systems capacity by adding additional NECs/NDBs together.
- Art-Net/DDP to DMX and DMX to Art-Net data bridge
- Easily configure NDBs via the Auto-configure function requiring no PC
- Over 22 customisable internal effects to be used in a show play list.
- Multiple Control Modes – Effects Player, Light Show, File Player, Slave Device, Trigger Player, Art-Net to DMX Gateway, DMX to Art-Net Gateway, DMX to DDP Gateway, WAV file Player
- Firmware update via SD card
The NEC can be set to operate in one of many different modes:
- Effects Player – Generates lighting effects and plays them.
- Light Show – Generates light show based on user selected effects and plays.
- File Player – Plays pre-programed lighting files from SD card. Can play optional WAV sound files at same time.
- Slave device – Receives commands (via DDP, Art-Net or DMX) to play internally generated effects, lighting data files on SD card or audio WAV files. This mode is also used when synchronizing multiple NECs.
- Triggered Player – 2 input triggers can be set to play internal effects, lighting files or WAV files. An idle mode can play a 3rd file or effect.
- Art-Net to DMX gateway – Receives Art-Net data and sends them out to the DMX port.
- DMX to Art-Net gateway – Receives DMX data and sends them out as Art-Net data.
- DMX to DDP gateway – Receives DMX data and sends them out as DDP data.
- Utility Modes – Auto-Configure NDBs, Reset NEC to factory settings, Update NEC firmware from SD card.